Labels

03/06/2012

Hitman Absolution lets you kill as you will

Hitman Absolution lets you kill as you will:





Shh, Shhhhhh... it's all right... it'll all be all right now.



IO Interactive / Square Enix






I'm walking through a teeming crowd in a busy Chinatown market. It's hard to see much of anything through the intense hustle and bustle, but my instincts help me pick out my target. He's sitting like a king in a white pagoda, right in the middle of the scene. There are probably any number of ways I could take him out, unseen even in the middle of this crowd, but I decide to be a bit more subtle. Time to wander over to a noodle stand where I'm told the target likes to eat lunch.
It's easy enough to take out the cook, don his clothes, and hide him in a dumpster without being seen. The hard part is poisoning the soup and then, waiting... waiting... waiting for my target to walk unknowingly to his last meal. The music swells dramatically and panic sets in among the crowd as my target, the respected "King of Chinatown," chokes and sputters on the ground. I walk calmly to the exit, undiscovered. The perfect assassin as always.
Of course that's just one of the ways the hit can go down in a demo of IO Interactive's Hitman Absolution, which was recently shown in playable form for the first time. The single-scene demo seems designed to show just how many ways Agent 47 can perform a simple hit. Options go beyond the standard "stealth" and "action" boxes and into a great number of different, viable takedowns that fit within each of those descriptions.
Read more | Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment