Looks like Sprint has made due on their promise to bring Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to the HTC EVO 3D. While they initially promised an “early August” update, seems as if they’re one day early as several EVO 3D users have reportedly received a notification for the ICS OTA (over-the-air) update.
As we expected, the ICS update will bring Sense 3.6 to your device and not Sense 4.0 that’s found in the HTC One series. Nonetheless, I’m sure this is the news that EVO 3D owners have been longing for, for quite some time now. Here’s a short list of what to expect with this update provided from Sprint:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
Excited about ICS on your EVO 3D? Let us know if you’ve gotten your notification for the OTA update to ICS!